A selection of Fritz projects from the past 20 years
- Winning the Zero Moment of Truth. I helped Google VP Jim Lecinski write this popular 2011 ebook, reviewed by The New York Times and saluted by Forbes and AdAge.
- Winning the Zero Moment of Truth in Asia. Two years after ZMOT, I helped Joanna Flint, Managing Director of Google Singapore, write the sequel for APAC.
- Google case studies and marketing copy
- Owning the (Online) Airwaves. How Senator Pat Toomey used Google AdWords to beat the odds and get elected in Pennsylvania.
- Porter's Patch Keeps a Family Farm Thriving. AdWords Display Select helps keep the hay wagon rides rolling at a Wisconsin farm.
- Destination Canada Inspires New Travellers. Canada's tourism board uses YouTube to reach adventure travellers in Germany.
- Happy Omnidays! A post I wrote for the Inside AdWords blog, celebrating the arrival of the omni-channel holiday season.
- Wide Open Spaces. I've been writing website and marketing copy for Ooyala, the online video powerhouse, since 2009. This story celebrated the opening of their big new office space in 2014.
- The Customer Takes the Wheel. I wrote this ebook for CDK Global, the worldwide supplier of automative information technology and digital marketing.
- The Lycos 50. Way back in 1999, before even Google Trends, I created the first weekly ranking of the web's most-searched terms. For archived samples, see You Had to Have Faith, How the Amish Rate and Top Joke Searches.
Paul Hehn and I created Who2.com in 1998 to offer easy biographical facts for students and others. Nearly two decades later, we've created over 4200 thumbnail biographies and hundreds of research posts.
- Was Alexander Hamilton Born in 1757 or 1755? Before Hamilton was a twinkle in Lin-Manuel Miranda's eye, Who2 was researching the founding father's birthdate.
- Comanche Was (Not) The Sole Survivor of Custer's Last Stand. A closer look at the horse who lived through the Battle of Little Big Horn.
- What in the World Happened to Lawrence Kasdan? An exasperated analysis of the career arc of the Oscar-winning writer and director.
- Thanksgiving for Grandmothers. A reminiscence about pie-baking and grandmotherly love.
- 'Single... and Available.' A look back on what happens when you announce that you're single on a nationally-televised game show.
- Fritz Chats with Ken Jennings. I hosted a Google talk with Jeopardy! super-champ Ken Jennings in 2009. Here's the video.